Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Mushroom Not-So-Soup

Bought mushrooms last Saturday. Cooked mushroom soup this morning I mean yesterday morning..

The ingredients
Butter
Butter, Onion, Garlic, Mushrooms, Milk.
 I used Shiitake, Oyster Mushrooms and White Button Mushrooms. Mushrooms are all expensive. I wonder why.

Roux.
Made roux(butter and flour) to thicken the soup. But I realise most recipes online use corn starch. But my lecturer taught me so. Perhaps roux is the traditional French way.

Soup
I added ground almond in it. So, this soup is not smooth. I wanted a chunky mushroom soup but end up everybody hates it. Well, never mind. Lesson learnt. Buy the soup don't make it on your own. Cheers.

Let's have Domino's pizza before 2012. New suggestion to mama. Whee~

No comments:

Post a Comment

FreeRice.com

FreeRice.com
PLAY AND FEED a hungry person!